Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day in the life of a paleo lifestyle

After 8 hours sleep (2 disturbances... child and dog!) I went for a brisk walk about 2 miles.

Then I had breakfast which was some very good quality sausages from my local butcher grilled and served with chopped plums (picked locally).


Unfortunately my job is sedentary so I was then sat for 4 hours (a small amount of standing). At lunch time I managed another brisk walk but less than a mile (I usually try to walk about 3 or 4 miles).

Lunch was Tuna and chopped red pepper mixed with mayonnaise (olive oil based... which for me is good oil) served over a plate of fresh spinach and some chopped tomato's.

 
Then another 4 hours of sitting for work.

And then my treat of the week (I try to do something special at least once a week). Roasted duck breast with a swede and sweet potato mash, green beans, parsnip roasted with Parmigiano-Reggiano and some roasted red onion.

Raw ingredients

Cooked, eaten, enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment